Monday 12 May 2014

Wear summer in your hair

Overcast weather can feel so depressing, dull and void of colour. At times like these, you have to create you own 'weather', and put a little colour into your day. Still mourning the loss of summer, on these days, I like to wear summer in my hair and genreally indulge in things that remind me of warmer days. So I accessorised my hair with a touch of summer, put on my scarf and jacket and headed out.

My 're-living' of summer indulgence was lunching at De Fontein in Mission Bay Auckland, a Belgian beer cafe. They boast delicious food and an impressive list of drinks. I personally love their NZ native steamed green lipped mussels, cooked in a coconut cream and lemongrass curry. They source their mussels from the beautiful clear waters of the Coromandel Peninsula. But a visit to this cafe isn't complete with a glass of Leffe (my usual choice), or one of their many other specialities beers. It's second floor location also makes it the perfect place to people watch. Definitely recommend this cafe if you're ever in the neighbourhood!






If you want your own little touch of summer, the featured floral hair clip above can be found on our Etsy store, ordered through our Facebook page or instore at Life Pharmacy Birkenhead. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment